Saturday 17 March 2007

Think Twice

So the road trip is at an end, we're back in Rossland having enjoyed a great holiday-from-our-holiday in Kicking Horse.

Over the past few days we've seen some great conditions, and been able to ride some very different terrain, also being in a two-horse town rather than a one-horse has been a nice change even if the cinema in Golden was closed...

Stuart managed to win the Kicking Horse downhill V-max competition with an impressive 91.6km/h (just before he slid over a roller on his backside). I had another go but couldn't get near that speed! He is, after all, willing to ride a motorcycle at 146mph...

I had an interesting moment at the top of one of the bowls. I approached a run called Think Twice, which dropped off a narrow piste. Because it was almost a complete white-out, I could barely tell the difference between the snow and the sky. I'd been doing these runs all day though and they all started with the same incline (or so I thought). So I set off, expecting to traverse across a little bit and then get my bearings (and vision), but instead I dropped vertically about 8 feet. Unfortunately for me, I'd decided to drop in at the only point that was completely vertical. Oh well, nothing damaged.

We had another monster drive across the bottom corner of BC, 6/7 hours back to Rossland. I wouldn't mind betting that the entire UK would fit within the borders of BC alone.

Tonight we have a double treat:

1. A keg party. That's right kids, a real 'Merkin style kegger. I shall be silently saluting Jim Belushi in Animal House.
2. We're all going to see a local AC/DC tribute band called BC/DC. (see what they did there?)

I'm afraid I didn't take a camera to Golden, so check out Dan's

1 comment:

Ecks Ridgehead said...

Keep it coming, dude - I just had my hernia stitched up and I can hardly move, so your blog is a welcome bit of entertainment...!