Tuesday 20 March 2007

Would the last person to leave Rossland please turn out the lights?

I'm lying on a bed, watching the ceiling fan rotate. In the thick, humid air you can smell sweat, smoke and cordite. I can hear "The End" by the doors. The ceiling fan starts slapping the air like a Huey. "Rossland, shit I'm still only in Rossland."

Actually, I made that up. I'm not in Apocalypse Now, but just like the grunts in '75 I'm getting the hell out of Dodge. I heard a Huey flying in Kicking Horse, it has a really distinctive sound.

Today was my first day back on the Mountain (no, despite what people say, it's NOT a hill) since Kicking Horse. The BC/DC gig and associated keg party left me broken over the weekend.

The season is truly over, it snowed last night but it didn't make enough difference. I only went to demo a Prior board. It was the all-mountain board which was very flexible. It made me realise that I definitely prefer a stiffer board. I wanted to try their Khyber but they didn't have the right size. Once I'd finished trashing someone's board on the rocks and ice I decided to call it a day.

I've now managed to change my flight to this weekend, so I'm all over the flights and transfers trying to sort out the details.

So, get ready to take the piss out of my absorbed accent. If you catch me saying eh? at the end of sentences or saying 'awesome' you have my permission to try and give me a dead arm.

See you all soon!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Got a dead one saved up here for you bro. Safe trip...