Saturday 17 February 2007

Bug Rid Cits

Well, today was one of those days that makes you glad to be retired / redundant / unemployed.... I'm trying to think of a superlative that aptly describes the day. Just think of how you felt the first time you watched Star Wars......

The day began early, a rude 7.25am lift from the hostel to the Big Red Cats operation. For those of you who don't know, they drag you up a hill in a big tractor and let you ride all the nice powder snow that has accumulated.

Of course it was entirely run by Kiwis (hence the title), during the briefing, they had terrible trouble remembering who was who and must have asked poor Dan what his name and beacon number was 20 times. I was no longer known as Nathan Robinson. Every time they spoke to me, they called me "The Nathan Robinson Group".

highlights below:
Cat2 lines

Cat5 reflection

Cat7 boundary


The day was amazing, but made me realise that I wash rash when I bought my board and should have done more research. A longer board would have made my day a lot easier, but I have a short freestyle board made for people who do 720deg backside airs and have no facial hair (or fear).


Today was also Brian's birthday, the guy that owns the Hostel. Being 31, shredding up a hill all day AND going drinking is barely in me. I've given up on the bar early. Rock 'n' Roll!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That looks SO good. Time for a new deck then eh?!
Stoked for you that you had such a great time - those runs look awesome, and a bluebird day. How much better can it get?

kieren gaul said...

Nathan Robinson Group:
We've found a couple of new Kiwis to guide this year - hopefully they can remember your name..
Paula