Saturday 10 February 2007

Sometimes you eat the bar, and sometimes the bar eats you...

Last night I finally saw the Southpark Scientology episode, if you haven't seen it yet, I urge you to.

This is the link to the part where they explain L Ron Hubbards weird ramblings: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM7UiX9kf5M

Friday saw another day of no snow, one or two runs up Red mountain found nothing but hard ice so I decided to do more switch riding. Just before I did, I thought I'd try one of the small rails in the park.

Big mistake, I logged on to www.I've_hurt_my_coccyx.com momentarily risking a total failure of all body functions. In the end, all I lost was my "outdoor voice". Birds and squirrels were startled by one of the loudest expletives BC has heard in a while. Just afterwards, a 40 year old soccer mom nailed the rail I'd just fallen off and rode off like she was walking her dog....

So, me and the trusty Ginger (Rob) decided to retreat to the slotties while my tailbone recovered. I spent the rest of the afternoon being a newbie again and treated myself with a long "regular" run down Long Squaw at the end of the afternoon. I got some good air in, but I haven't yet grown the cojones to try a 180.

I'm currently getting annoyed by American newscasters saying "Bi-Partisan" which they think means relating to both political parties. As far as I'm concerned, that's a gibberish word. Oxymoron in one word.

No comments: