Friday 2 February 2007

I've come to the Mall by mistake!

Friday: A day off, prompted by illness, tiredness and no more snow.

We took the bus to Trail today. A day away from the slopes and an expedition to find yet more gadgetry, haircuts and interesting photos.

Trail is a small mining town with the biggest Zinc smelting facility in Canada, and not a lot else. As soon as we'd arrived, I was wishig that I'd stayed watching the Lumberjack Olympics at the hostel (I didn't make that up).

First up was axe throwing, onto a target. Then chopping a vertical log against the clock. Next up chopping a log that you're standing on, between your legs (looked unnecessarily dangerous to me). This exciting sport was finished off with sawing (both manual and chain). I hope they don't have any "what happened next" footage.

We made our second mistake of the day by venturing onwards to a mall. On arrival, I realised we had ventured into the arena of the unwell, and we had to make our escape. 2 tortuous buses later and we were back in Rossland. I've never been so happy to see this little one street town.

Later in the evening I discovered that paying someone else $25 to wax your board is a bargain.

No comments: