Wednesday 21 February 2007

Where does he get those wonderful toys?

Hello everybody!

I've mostly been playing with new toys recently:
1 - Our avalanche transceivers, shovels and probes arrived on Monday. Now we can play hide and seek.
2 - I crumbled, and bought a new board. After borrowing a 163 Ride Prophet I convinced myself that I've been suffering with a short board that's not suited to the sort of riding I prefer. Now I have a nice new Ride havoc 162 for not much (in sterling)
3 - Proper snow eventually arrived. Tuesday was the first proper (almost) powder day. We rode all day from first lifts, even getting trapped in the Paradise area. Just after we got off the Motherlode chair it stopped, trapping us and a few hundred other people in the Paradise area, where no-one else could get to us! We had the whole hill to ourselves for the first hour and a half.

p.s. I've so far only been able to do one blog without using some sort of film reference! There's a guy working here from Tasmania, only 19 and has never seen Ferris Bueller, Jaws, Alien, Top Gun etc etc. I sometimes think that he doesn't have a clue what I'm talking about.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such a shame when the lifts breakdown - NOT!

Nice choice on the deck dude. Super stiff by the sounds of things, you should be feckin' quick by the end of this tour!