Monday 12 February 2007

Snow, finally

Yesterday I was beginning to get a little dispondant, thinking that I was actually jinxed with terrible luck regarding snow fall. So far in 8 years of riding I've only ever seen a total of 2 decent days.

However, it appears that the goat I sacrificed last night did the trick. This morning we awoke to about 3/4 cms in town and it continued to snow all day.

I rushed out of bed and managed to get to the hill by 11, and rode until the last lift. Some pros and cons today:

pro: I've discovered that the lodge at the base does Souvlaki. I learned how to ride bumps a little better

cons: I still can't ride trees properly.

I unintentionally made my biggest air today, and sort of landed it. After my wheelie-to-halt I turned around to see a 6 foot gap in my line

I'll load some photos later, and will do a beard blog. It appears to have slowed down , but is getting soft (I'm conditioning it).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh yeah baby here it goes. Trees with snow sticking on them are a good sign on Motherlode dudes.

The secret to the trees is to ignore the trees, look for the gaps. If you 'see' the trees you'll hit them ;o)

Unknown said...

Glad it dumped it down, you need to get yourself a cheap video camera and watch yourself stack it (or not).. ahem.

Keep up the good "work" :)