Wednesday 14 February 2007

Rear Admiral, come in this is Ring Commander. Can you roger me? over and over.

Yes, for the few people that weren't sure, that's the call sign of Amans, who arrived yesterday and started broadcasting this filth over channel 4 this afternoon. Like a child who's just discovered the rude words in the dictionary.

Today was amazing, everything went well. First thing, I got my glove back that I lost on the bus, then Coda, the bus dog kept me warm on the journey to the hill:
The hound and Coda

Then we met up with Phil and Ali who run the Hostel, and they showed us the great bits of the mountain that I'd been avoiding because I don't know how to ride trees.

Just after lunch, they opened up the Paradise chair which had been out of action. This allowed us to ride up and down through the trees, in snow that no-one had been able to access for the past 7 days. It was fantastic. I finally got the hang of spaced out trees, but I still whimp out when it gets tight and steep.

Here's a nice shot when we grouped before hitting one of the powder fields:

Before powder


I'm finally starting to really get snowboarding, which is nice because after the recent crap weather I was beginning to wonder whether it's all worth it.

That's all for now folks!

Over and out.