Friday 16 February 2007

Two-fers

Two blogs for the price of one today. Blogoff perhaps? Blog one, get one free. You lucky people

Yesterday: Wednesday 14th. The day of wrong decisions.

Every single decision I took on wednesday was wrong. As wrong as a dossier compiled off the internet. Every single line I took through trees led me to either:

a) dense, unskiable trees
2) flat bits
iii) crashes

I threw my toys out of the pram in a spectacular way, lost the use of my inner monoloue and startled local fauna with excessively loud expletives.

After that tree-fiasco, I decided to stick to pistes but I even got that wrong. I missed the Paradise lodge where we were meeting for lunch and had to go round again. I had the sarnies too!

I called it a day early.

Today: Thursday 15th: TFU

Today was amazing, the best days riding I've ever had. We got first lifts (well, we were in the queue when they opened) and spent all day riding a place called mini-bowls. For the first time ever, I managed to get through trees without falling over. I also got some useful air time. Over the next few days I'll try and get some action shots.

I rode right through normal lunch time, and called it quits at about 1pm, stopping on the way back for Souvlaki which is fantastic fast food. Thanks to Guy Coulthard for tipping me off in Greece.

Tomorrow is the big one. Big Red Cats

I feel like one of those kids you see in You've Been Framed. Christmas morning, bike sized present. He knows exactly what he's getting but he's still fitting with excitement and in danger of hyper-ventilating.

No comments: