Sunday 25 February 2007

Powder Day

"The first rule of a powder day, is that you HAVE NO FRIENDS"
"The second rule of a powder day, is that you HAVE NO FRIENDS"

"No wait, the second rule is lean back."

Friday was a hard day, with more hiking so I was looking forward to taking a day off on Saturday as a treat.

But, as we went to the pub for dinner, it started 'puking' with snow. Almost 20cms in a few hours.

So, an early night and an early morning!

This was the first proper powder day I've experienced. Enormous lift queue in the morning, excited looks on everyone's faces...

The riding was incredible, boot to knee deep powder and I finally got the hang of riding trees. I'm trying to think of a way to describe it, but failing miserably.

New pictures will go up soon. I didn't take any on the powder day, but did a few on our hike.


Nathan

No comments: